I got to see Aunt Donna and Uncle Ron right before their trip to SoCal fro Christmas and visiting. Dan and Elly came too!
We opened Christmas presents on Christmas Eve morning since mom worked Christmas day this year.
For Christmas Eve dinner, we had Mark and Heather over with their two daughters, and dad and mom made a nice Thanksgiving feast for us since I missed Thanksgiving.
I spent a lot of time with Aly, just chilling, but we also had a little sister date trip to Mikuni's sushi and the mall and then home for some chocolate chip cookie baking/cookie dough eating and watching Love Actually.
My friends all came over for New Years and while it was pretty darn relaxed for a party with a bunch of teenagers, I liked it. I got to have a really nice Biblical talk with my friend Ryan, which I enjoyed and was refreshed by. We watched some of the recent YouTube videos that I missed and I'd prepared dough for us to make stick bread on the new fire pit that dad built up temporarily just to work for my party :) The stick bread wasn't a huge success, but it was all fun anyways. Every once in awhile, one of those lava rocks from inside the fire would blow up and go far out into the yard, scaring us out of our minds.
After New Years, there was a series of hasty (yes. i used the word hasty. coolness.) meetings and hang outs. Specifically, I got to talk with Mr. Smith (my Bible teacher from Forest Lake. Became sort of a mentor for both Steph and I).
And I had a great lunch with Joshua! He ate that whole sandwich. Challenge accepted indeed.
On the last day before leaving, Dad took Aly and I out to breakfast to his and the Grandmother's favorite breakfast place in town. Aly and I each ordered a hot cocoa and we all three got a huge famous cinnamon roll that was completely worth the years taken off my life.
Overall, it was a really nice break. I'm so glad I was able to go home and relax and enjoy. Make myself breakfast. Bring back some stuff I didn't need in Germany anymore and buy some stuff I will. Sleep in. Figure some things out. Even though I love being home, I feel like I'm going back with a new perspective on school, ready to start it up again.
1 Timothy 4:16
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.
No comments:
Post a Comment