It's starting to feel like a pattern here now:
Breakfast-Lecture-Break-Lecture-Lunch-Free time-Dinner-Lecture-Break-Bed-Repeat
It's nice. Very productive, I feel like we're learning a lot, but we're also given time to process, work, and just have fun and get to know people.
During free time I finished several personal examination-type papers that are due soon. Feels good to get that out of the way, but it was also very nice to reflect as the transition does bring about a lot of new thoughts and emotions.
For the night time lecture, there was a worship time and then a few members of the staff gave devotions followed by a talk by the principal here, whose name is Peter Reid. He spoke on the topic of surrender, how we feel like we want to be independent, but really, we "need to need" God. Everyone I've talked to agrees that he is a very gifted and powerful speaker.
People are starting to settle in and become more comfortable talking to one another, not as much of the impersonal introduction stuff and a lot more depth. It's refreshing.
Psalm 122:7
"May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels."
No comments:
Post a Comment