Saturday, September 29, 2012

9/25

Today was blue skies and beautiful, so Steph, Lia and I decided to go for a walk right before dinner. For the most part, we are spread out during school, so it's nice once in awhile to have some time together with just the three of us to relax and enjoy the old jokes and comfortable conversation.

We went for the walk on the street just across from ours that I think I mentioned earlier, passed a pretty church, flower gardens, forest paths, and apple orchards. One yard had a dog/bear in it behind way too low of a fence that I didn't see until it started barking ferociously and made me scream and jump eight feet, followed by laughter from my compassionate companions. Afterwards I even tried to make it my friend, but it was sort of rude about it, so I ran away like the brave person I am.

Some of the apples here are the brightest, most vibrant red you've ever seen. They remind me of Snow White's poisoned apple, but I'm not gonna test that theory on the outside chance that Prince Charming doesn't make it on time to save me. Plus the barbed wire fences that surround the orchards make the farmers' intentions pretty clear.

The sunset was so gorgeous, we lost track of time and ended up getting back to Bode a couple minutes into the lecture.


Proverbs 27:9
Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment