Monday, September 24, 2012

9/23-9/24

 Due to popular demand, (not really popular demand. My mom told me to do it. Popular demand makes me feel good about myself though, so I'm just gonna stick with it) I have uploaded a series of pictures that I've taken since I've been here. You might think it's a rather pitiful collection, but for me it's quite the accomplishment =)

Plane from Frankfurt to Friedrichshafen:



 My travel buddy, getting ready to board the plane:

We made it!!! Doesn't he look like a world traveler?


Waiting for Steph to arrive, we decided to grab a quick snack at the bakery across the street from Bode:


The friends:


The new friends! Autumn on the left and Annelie on the right:


Took the bus into Meersburg, the town with the Disneyland castle in it. Only had about an hour to check it out, so we're gonna go back later. Steph took a ton of pictures of the town itself, very pretty and typically European with cobblestone streets and everything. She'll upload them on Facebook for those of you who want to check them out. Here's what I wanted to take pictures of though: there was a church in the middle of town with a bunch of creepy paintings. I thought it was hilarious. Look closely at what they're holding.



Pictures from around the campus:

Back porch and apple orchard:


"The Honeycomb" (little kitchen/hangout room):



 The classroom:


Main hallway:


Backyard. You can see a little bit of the volleyball court and smaller soccer field:


Creepy basement hallway. Reminds me of the Tower of Terror at night, cause there's a window at the end that you can see a reflection of your silhouette in:


Laundry room. Washers/dryers in German:


Library. The seat that's pulled out has become my little prayer place. For some reason, I love the smell and feel of old books. The ones you see on that particular shelf are all in German, and sometimes I get distracted trying to figure out what their titles mean:


Prayer room. Painted by a past student:



 Email room. I've come to hate seeing people in here because I know it means the internet will be slow:


Shoe room. *smells like death*


Back walkway. Under the big tree is a basketball hoop:



Tea room sink area:



Our room bunks:



View of volleyball court from our room:


Sanctuary/classroom view from my seat:



Outside view from my seat. (black birds on the windows are popular all over here, and yesterday I realized why: it's to keep the birds from running into the windows!!)


Bookstore/more internet access:


Sauna in the basement. I haven't gotten up the courage to try it yet, but I hear it's fantastic. I think I'll wait till it's cold outside and enjoy it more:


Front of Bode:


Tea Room on my floor:


Bathroom sinks. I figured you were curious:


Shared sink in our room:


My closet:


View of weird possible bomb shelter from our room:


View of neighboring campground from our room:


My accidental formation of the bat symbol out of the eggs mom made me the morning we left. (Sorry, these pictures are a little jumbled):


Another view of the back porch:


Game room in basement:


Hebrews 12:1-2

New International Version (NIV)

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment