Monday, December 3, 2012

12/3

Today I took another walk with Miranda. It snowed a lot last night, and it's been snowing all day today, so here's what the lakeside looked like:





We had a really good talk..one of the things God has been teaching me lately is to sort of just relax and let Him organize the things in my life. I think too much of this attitude could be dangerous for me only insomuch as it could make me apathetic, but for now, I've seen Him just place people and situations in my life that might be awkward or inconvenient or even undesirable to me, but the fruits of those things are proving more valuable than I could've ever expected. I'm learning a more and more pure definition of faith.

Tonight after dinner, we went caroling. I put on my 18 sweaters, 3 pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, hat, jacket, and soccer cleats because I'm from California and they're the most waterproof shoes I own. It was stinking cold outside. It snowed the whole time. Luckily, my feet were numb within the first half hour, so the only really uncomfortable part was defrosting them when we got back.

It was slightly disheartening trying to sing to people tonight..I guess a lot of people assume we're asking for a handout and don't answer their doors. But the ones who did listen were very excited to hear us sing and seemed very friendly:)

Ironically, the soccer cleats that I've run in for countless hours during my Junior and Senior years in high school, when combined with the extreme cold, produced a painful knot and/or muscle pull in my left leg just under my knee within just one hour of caroling. It's sort of funny, cause I can walk on it like there's absolutely nothing wrong, so I'll forget about it hurting! But then when I try and conquer the stairs, I sort of crumple in agony and then pathetically drag myself up or down using the hand rail =P


Isaiah 64:3
For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down, and the mountains trembled before you.


No comments:

Post a Comment