Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12/5

I had coffee with Mary today again at Schwartz. Each time I talk to her, I feel like she gets a little bit more comfortable telling me things that she needs to get off her chest, and the more I talk to new people like this that I don't know very well, the more comfortable I am keeping a conversation going. This is something Steph is very good at and ideally, she could just gift me a little bit of her talent for Christmas and I won't have to worry about it. But on the off chance that that might not quite work out, I'm practicing =)

Our speaker this week is Richard Dahlstrom. He's from Seattle and is a lot of fun to listen to speak. I'd say he's probably the most liberal of the speakers we've had so far, which I actually enjoy hearing about even though I disagree with him on some things. Right after coffee with Mary, we just moved our stuff over to the big table in Schwartz and joined his little group coffee question time there. More students showed up to his scheduled coffee than ever have for anybody else's, it was pretty impressive!

For some reason, maybe because he tends to think very philosophically and deeply, I was silent throughout their conversation and am still feeling a little overwhelmed with all the new information to process. It's so nice to be able to place my hope and faith in God to lead me to a better place as he has so often since I've been here.


Proverbs 18:4
The words of the mouth are deep waters, but the fountain of wisdom is a rushing stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment