Monday, November 12, 2012

11/12

Well folks, blogger.com has just informed me that I am no longer allowed to upload pictures onto my blog because I have gone over my free picture storing space limit that I was not informed existed. I have yet to decide what I will be doing in retribution for this absolutely unfair phenomenon.

I think retribution is the wrong word since nobody from blogger.com is gonna have to suffer as consequence for my inconveniencing, but it makes me feel better about the whole scenario to imagine they will, so I'm gonna leave it.

Unfortunately, I think I'm gonna have to copy past posts onto my computer and then remove the pictures from the blog itself. This is highly disappointing to me as it will require something that I will quiveringly refer to as my completely unfair first-world problem.

As it is almost mid-November, today our room has decided it's time to jump in to some Christmas spirit!

*Note* if you picture Buddy the Elf saying that, it's more fun.

We all cleaned up the room and embarked upon the fifteen to twenty minute walk to Kaufland, where we, in our cheap college-kid style, invested in some christmas decorations and some room trail mix.

During the walk home, Autumn informed us that she didn't mind carrying the bag of groceries all the way home cause her purse back home was so heavy that her right shoulder no longer feels pain.

We then hung our Christmas lights, put on some Christmas music, and mixed trail mix in our individually-assigned 1 liter ziplock bags.

While at Kaufland, I saw a fruit I'd never seen before. Since I have a rule that I have to try something new every time I go to Kaufland, I bought it. The sign at the store said "Kiwano". It was yellow-orange with spikes. Looked sorta like a sea nautilus. When I cut it open, it looked like the seed part of a cucumber, only quadruple the size. It tasted like a cucumber-kiwi-melon and something else which I can't remember. I scraped it into a bowl and it was all sloshy and gross-looking.

As I took the first bite, the possibility that there was a good reason I'd never seen one before entered my mind. It had the texture of alien snot. And yes. I know that. Just trust me. I quickly dismissed the mental image of me seizing and flopping on a German hospital bed, mouth foaming from Kiwano poisoning, and headed to Annelie's house where she and Steph were waiting to share some Oreos and peanut butter with me.

By the way, was Kiwano what the bat poop in Ace Ventura called...?

Steph, Annelie and I had a classic girl conversation. It was good times. As time progressed, I got inexplicably distracted and loopy. I don't usually get like that. It was sorta fun. As much as I'd like to conclude it was from some sort of accidental side-effect of not having immunified myself to Kiwano, I'm pretty sure it was largely psychological.

After oreos, we went to lecture. We moved seats this week. When I was in my other seat, I sat next to a kid named Peter. (The one who acts like a secret agent.) I dislike Peter. I have no good reason to dislike Peter. Peter is nothing but polite and nice to me. Every day, even though we no longer sit next to each other, he still sets a piece of chocolate on the table in front of me, just because. He's a good guy. But I cannot stand him.

It's terrible..almost humorously so, in fact. I've been working on not despising Peter. Just when I think I've got it down, another absolutely inexplicable surge of abhorrence escapes me. It's not even serious either, it's just there! (Just a quick interjection: if you comment in order to try and give me advice on how to stop this meaningless dislike cycle, I will ignore you. It won't be because I hate you too. It will be because I am writing this down purely for my own future entertainment. Just be warned.)

When lectures were over, Steph came to our room. With Christmas lights and music on, it feels very homy. We've all agreed that we've secretly got the best room ever. Steph comes and hangs out in there almost every night just cause we're awesome. While we talked, I decorated the area around the head of my bed with pictures she printed for me and letters I've received since I've been here. She has decided to have a little sleepover tonight. She keeps me warm, so it's all good:)

Psalm 139:3
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment