Saturday, November 17, 2012

11/17

Brunch. Ahhh brunch. The only meal at which I allow myself to eat whatever the heck I want and it's a truly beautiful thing. If I ever need any encouragement throughout the week, that's it. "What? What's that Emily? You have a lot of reading to do? You miss home? It's been raining for a week and a half? That's ok! Calm your face. Brunch is in four days."

What I just said is only partially true. Germany hasn't turned me into some food-crazed monster.

After brunch, we had a nice little room hangout time and then I got all athletically dressed up and ran to Kaufland to meet with Steph. We shopped for all of Annelie's birthday supplies for tomorrow and then I walked home listening to the fabulous Francis Chan with a grocery bag in each hand.

Fun fact: you have to buy your grocery bags if you're gonna get them here. They're sturdy plastic ones for a dollar and you can use them over and over again. And you bag your own stuff. I think it's a better system personally..

When I got home, I worked on my Bible study project on James 4. We have to write a full historical, spiritual and personal analysis on a chapter of the Bible. I'm really excited for it. It's similar to our Exegesis in Parrott's class senior year and I think it'll be really good for all of us.

James 1:12
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment