Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11/13

Today....I took an hour run to the train bridge that I'm pretty sure I posted pictures of last time. I specify the hour because I am still darn impressed with myself for it. I've started listening to sermons while I run instead of music. This successfully distracts me and helps remind me to make the run a metaphor for my faith. It sounds sorta dumb, but it's actually a great lesson. I can run a lot farther than I thought I could. I never woulda known that if I'd have stopped when I got tired. You draw your own spiritual paralells.

After my run, I met Steph at the turf soccer field that's a ten minute walk from the Bode. We did some excercises and had another of our deep conversations. It's so good to have her here. We help each other work through what we're thinking about and figuring out. I think I might go crazy if I didn't have her to talk to about stuff.
president's hour: testimony talk

When we got back, I was freezing and took an even longer shower than usual =/

Yesterday I said I decorated my bed. That is uncharacteristic for me. It's so interesting, I think I've explained how I'm growing spiritually, but also just personally a lot, really expanding my tastes and learning how to live with people. To go along with that, since I've been here, I've developed interests in things I've never been interested in before.

Whereas in the past, I would never have spent the time decorating my bed area because there's not really a logical reason for it, now I'm actually learning to enjoy that kind of thing just simply for the joy in creativity, not because it's necessarily something that needs to be done.

I don't know if that's a sufficient explanation, but I don't know how else to say it, so I'm gonna leave it at that. My point, though, is that I've been bugging Steph to teach me how to do some different things with my hair, so when I got out of the shower, I read the Bible out loud while she curled my hair. She made it into something I think she called a waterfall braid and it turned out really pretty:)

After lectures tonight, we had a cereal party at Marj's apartment.

Psalm 119:64
The earth is filled with your love, LORD; teach me your decrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment