Saturday, November 24, 2012

11/24

Saturday. Brunch. No further enthusiasm is required from me than what I have already invested into this blog in regards to brunch.

Today, Steph taught me how to curl my hair. I now have nine burn marks in total on my hands and wrists. But my hair was pretty:) After I curled my hair, I read the Bible out loud to catch up while Steph cleaned her room.

After lunch, I took a run and grabbed a shower. Before The Crossing, I wanted to have a little Bible Study, so while everybody else was getting ready, I went down to the library with my Bible. About five minutes in, a girl walked in who I didn't recognize. She was from Germany, her name's Lisa and she was really happy to talk to me about her life and we had a nice conversation :)

During the program, my job was to stand outside the door and make sure all the right people went in at the right time. It went flawlessly. I say it's due to my air traffic controller-like dexterity.

As the program was concluding, two Alexander from Serbia and Scott (Stephen from Vienna trip's brother) were playing chess and Alexander didn't want to anymore. I later found out that Scott is some sort of genius chess player, and he did beat me, but apparently the skills I learned from past father-daughter chess matches were sufficient to impress them enough that they want to play more chess with me!

...I'm not sure if that's actually the reason, or if they just can't find anyone else willing to face almost certain loss, but I'm gonna stick with option A cause it makes me feel so much more accomplished!

After The Crossing, we're supposed to socialize with people and talk about it and ask what they thought and stuff and it tends to promote awkward situations, but tonight Steph and I sat at a table with five or six German students from a local college Bible study group and it was a lot of fun =)

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment