Today I read and ran.
Steph's got a lot she's been needing to talk to her family about lately, so we went to Bahnhof again tonight, this time on bikes, but there wasn't internet :/ It's decorated so pretty though! They sprayed the windows with that frosty stuff around the edges of each pane and stenciled snowflakes and holly and snowmen on them.. On each table is a silver candle holder, a sprig of pine tied with red ribbon and a cinnamon candle. It's very warm and Christmassy feeling. I'm gathering ideas for my home someday:)
We rode our bikes back through a light rain, Steph several yards in front of me, and I made a joke as we passed the creepy doll. 50 feet down the road some guy was smoking out on his front porch and I guess he made some sort of noise cause I heard Steph scream and the entire bike swerved. It's a good thing she kept her balance though, cause if she hadn't have, there's no way she would've been able to mistake the normal part of the curb for the part that dips down to allow bikes up onto it, and therefore there's no way that her bike would've stopped short and sent her flying like a rag doll over her handle bars and into the mud beside the path.
I felt so awful, but when I'd made sure she was ok, laughter was sort of compulsory. I stifled it as best I could, helped her stand up. She had mud across her face and had torn the sleeve of her coat, poor thing :( There were leaves stuck in her coat buttons and hair and I picked them out as we walked home.
No comments:
Post a Comment