A blog about a girl from a little town in a little nook between two mountains in Northern California, who decided to go away to Germany when she was 18 as a step of faith and a defiance of fear.
Friday, November 2, 2012
11/1-11/2
I used these days to catch up in preparation for our day of prayer this coming Wednesday and then our trip to Vienna, from Thursday to Sunday. So on the 1st, I finished my Pentateuch essay and skyped the parentals as well as getting to text Aly and Kyle.
On the 2nd, I finally caught up on here, and we bought our train tickets to Vienna!!! Down the street from Bode is a restaurant called Spicy Grill that I've been hearing about since day one. So finally, we got a group together and headed there for one of their famous hamburgers.
To answer the question that I know is on all of your minds, no, the hamburger, was not invented in Hamburg, Germany:
"In the early 1890's a vendor at the Eerie State Fair at Hamburg, NY (named from Hamburg, Germany) was selling ground beef steak sandwiches after running out of frankfurters. People started to like it, and called it that sandwich hamburger, being it was in Hamburg NY."
But for how good these hamburgers were, they could've been invented in Germany. Steph and I each got a spicy burger, which comes with bacon and their "famous spicy sauce" and they were HUGE, like the size of our heads, it was ridiculous!
Psalm 92:5
How great are your works, LORD, how profound your thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment