Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/31

Today we had our farewell worship time and said goodbye to all the kids. Tears were shed and hugs were given all around. A lot of the kids will be coming back in February, so it will be really nice to see them again.

Before I forget, it snowed the second day we were at camp, which was a lot of fun. There were snowball fights and soccer in the snow and lots of beautiful pictures which I guess I'll have to upload later. The snow stuck all the way until the last day:)

View from my window:


Erik playing barefoot in the snow!!
We took the bus and then the train to Stuttgart again, where we met up with Annelie who had been on vacation with her family and lives nearby. The station there is beautiful, with the classic columns and huge clock that you see in movies. We had an hour layover, and since we haven't had Starbucks in two months, were willing to go to great lengths to find it.

With Annelie as our confident guide, Steph, Austin, Peter and I carried our luggage three quarters of a mile to Starbucks and Steph took lots of excited first drink of Starbucks in two months pictures. The buildings there were absolutely magnificent, and it's just a really nice European atmosphere. Then we grabbed Chinese and after a quick lost ticket scare, made it back to the station only to discover that there was a Starbucks within 50 feet of where our train had dropped us off.

The train ride from there was packed with standing room only for most of our 5 hour trip home. I actually found it very peaceful though, and when I was finally able to find a seat, put my ear buds in and had a great time of deep thought that I've been missing with so many people around me all the time. I really enjoyed it.

At one of the stops, there was a guy dressed as the Joker and it sorta freaked me out being in a busy place with lots of people and all, but we made it out without any explosions and I was able to laugh at his little Halloween prank.

It was so nice to get back to our home away from home! Annelie was beyond excited to be back in her apartment, and they had a hot dinner and Apple Fritters all ready for us when we walked in the door.


1 Peter 2:17

Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment