Friday, October 12, 2012

10/12

Today we began the day with three lectures from a Russian street evangelist. She didn't speak any English, so the father of one of the German students here translated for her. As a converted Muslim, she spoke to us on the topic of Islam, explaining its principles to us and describing tactics for effective evangelism. She was very lively and animated, and had some incredible stories to tell.

After lunch, I went to the cafe across the street with a girl named Mary who is here with her sister, Elizabeth. They're from Squim, Washington and we are very similar in personality, so we hit it off right away. When we got to the cafe, a few people from school were there so we sat and talked for a couple hours and had some interesting conversations.

Tonight was what we call the "Sixth Hour". Basically what it is is an opportunity for the students here to perform in various ways. We had several basic songs, two funny videos, a dancer, and even a group of guys who dressed up like Journey and played "Faithfully" I think it's called...? Hilarious. I've said before how talented the kids here are, and this was just another reminder. It's so much fun to watch them use and enjoy their talents.

A lot of kids here are sick, and I've got that sore throat that comes right before you get a cold, so I've been stocking up on vitamin C, did my exercise, and I'm going to bed early tonight=)


Matthew 11:28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment