This morning we had breakfast and then left for English camp. Erik and Lia are both in our group, and Steph found out yesterday that she would be coming with us because another one of our girls got sick. So it was fun to have the four of us all together yet again!
We caught the train at about 10:30 this morning, got sick sitting sideways and looking out the window, traveled through the Stuttgart station and on by bus to a Christian convention center called Friolzhelm. We reached it right before dinner, when all the campers were set to arrive. There are 25 of us and 105 campers, ages 12-18. After dinner, we played some intro games with the kids and had a worship time.
We're all tired from travel, but excited for this week to start. We are confident that God will do great things through us in these kids' lives. Already, certain ones have been laid on my heart for prayer. It's interesting to be in a position of leadership again. I didn't realize the total lack of that in my life since I've been in Germany, until I came to this camp and had it again. It's a big responsibility, but something I really enjoy. I don't know...just some thoughts!
2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
No comments:
Post a Comment