Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10/17

This morning, Steph, Annelie, and I woke up super way too early and went for a prayer walk:) Of course none of us really wanted to get up, but walking together, praying to our Father in heaven, and starting the day out with a gorgeous sunrise made up for the hour of sleep we lost.

Other than finishing another chunk of reading, my day was spent going to and from Frieds to sign some papers and get fingerprinted for my visa with a large group of other students.

I finished off the day with a hilarious conversation right before bed with my roommates and Steph.

Every day I'm learning more and more about our faith and God is constantly convicting me and clarifying to me the position that He is to hold in my life. I have joy in this probably even more than any of the other things I've gotten to enjoy since I've been here.

"Faith is the least self-regarding of the virtues. It is by its very nature scarcely conscious of its own existence. Like the eye which sees everything in front of it and never sees itself, faith is occupied with the Object upon which it rests and pays no attention to itself at all. While we are looking at God we do not see ourselves...the man who has struggled to purify himself and has had nothing but repeated failures will experience real relief when he stops tinkering with his soul and looks away to the perfect One. While he looks at Christ, the very things he has so long been trying to do will be getting done within him. It will be God working in him to will and to do." AW Tozer, The Pursuit of God


Matthew 7:8-11
8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

No comments:

Post a Comment