Thursday, October 25, 2012

10/24-10/25

I used these days to prepare to go to English Camp. I think I mentioned that earlier...? In order to go, I needed to finish reading from Genesis through Deuteronomy in the Bible, write a 1,500 word paper on it, create six hour long English lesson plans, and buy enough material for a girl named Emma and my indoor games "Workshop" that we signed up to lead twice during camp. Those were my goals for these days. And I accomplished them almost flawlessly. I credit this to Forest Lake and its activity insanity.

On the 24th, I read Leviticus through Deuteronomy. For those of you reading this who can truly understand the significance of that statement, a commiserating chuckle would be appreciated.

On the 25th, I headed to Kaufland to buy supplies for Emma and my workshop right after lunch. To save the extra Euro, I wanted to take a bike. All the bikes were gone by the time I got there, so I was left with Emma's bike. I noticed the flat tires before I took off, but was in a hurry and had no other options, so I just convinced myself that they were "flat-ish" and headed off. Flat tires make pedaling up hills and over bumps slightly difficult. Add a twenty pound bag of groceries with a hole in it, and you've got a painfully slow bike trip that's more than a little bit humorous in retrospect. Mom, you probably would've died watching me pedal-shake my way between the cones of a construction zone. You're laughing just picturing it, huh? =P

A man named Chris Thomas has been speaking to us this week. He's here with his wife. I don't particularly like his speaking, but it was interesting because on the very first day he came, I really felt like I should ask him and his wife to coffee and talk to them about marriage. I had arranged this with them for the 25th so I could talk with them before we left for English camp, and Steph and I were planning on meeting with them that afternoon after I got back from Kaufland. Perfect timing, as soon as I feebly pedaled onto our street, I saw Chris and Bonnie and grabbed Steph, and we headed across the street to Cafe Schwartz. Ended up having a great conversation with them that gave us both a lot to think about.

Afterwards, I finished my Pentateuch paper and was ready to head out for English camp the next day.


Proverbs 1:5
"let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance"


No comments:

Post a Comment