Tuesday, October 2, 2012

10/1-10/2

These days were largely reading and catching up days. It's tough to balance homework with personal devotionals and socializing and exploring Germany, and I'm still getting the hang of it. We're reading a book whose name I am oddly forgetting by Tozer, which is really good, and then reading through the Old Testament as well, and it's really easy to get behind with all the other little things distracting us.

Another reading assignment was to read through Colossians twice before Peter Reid (our school's principal) started his lecture on the book. So Steph and I went over to the little cafe across the street and grabbed a latte and a piece of apple pie and read through it and discussed it a little bit. As we read, a couple boys from school just happened to wander in and joined our reading, so we got into some more interesting theological conversations as well and it was nice.

Because I'm not spending a lot of money at any one time, I think it's easy to forget that every little bit of money I spend adds up, so I'm starting to conserve it more and more carefully now. I'm seeing how even though this trip is mainly an opportunity to seek God and know Him more fully, it really is teaching me some of those basic life skills that I need as I start to be more independent, and it's good.


1 Thessalonians 5:24
The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment