Today was the first full day of English camp. We were woken up with a song on the intercom and then the leader here, whose name is Jochen, telling us to be at Devotions by 8:05 and then Breakfast at 8:30.
The food here is so good! And the coffee actually tastes good, they're spoiling us!
After breakfast was our worship time, with singing, a testimony from a boy and girl out of our group, and then Jochen gave a message that we missed because it was in German.
Next we had our first two English lessons. I have an intermediate class this week. But I was not prepared for how well they would speak English! In preparing my lessons, I was expecting to be teaching grammar. What I realized was that they know the rules of grammar better than I do, they just have a hard time applying them. For the first lesson, I had a game of English Jeopardy all planned out, so that went well. But the second lesson was a little tougher, trying to come up with speaking games to keep the kids engaged. Thankfully, I have Steph as one of my helpers and she's great at teaching the students and keeping each one involved=)
Lunch was in-between the English lessons, but after the second one is another break for coffee and various baked goods. I swear they're trying to send us home 15 pounds heavier, it's awful! But German pastries are amazing, so obviously I've gotta try them out:P
After break, Jochen lead a games time for the kids and we got some time to rest and prepare for the skits we did tonight after dinner. Tonight was our fun night, so we had three funny skits that the kids loved and a game time. For our game, we implemented all the combined wisdom of 25 high school graduates, and had the kids put buckets on their heads and run simultaneously in opposite directions across the room. I attempted to point out the stupidity of the plan to my fellow leaders, but my arguments were lost on them, and it actually ended up being hilarious and a lot of fun:)
Psalm 8:2
Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
No comments:
Post a Comment