Tuesday, October 30, 2012

10/30

Today we had our final English lesson. It was great, we had a spelling test and got to reward the kids with candy and just hang out for awhile.

After lunch was another workshop time, but Emma and I cancelled ours since so few kids showed up and we had some nice free time. It was the first time this week we had internet access, so I got to catch up with people a little bit.

One of the workshops was roasting marshmallows and we saw a couple of boys heading out all bundled up for it and, jokingly, said they should bring us s'mores. We didn't expect it, but they did! Isn't that the sweetest thing? They brought them in and all the way up the stairs to us. Made my day:)

The children stole my camera:
That's simon.


Steph being cute.


Daniel! (and Mitchel creeping in the background)


Tonight after dinner was our serious worship time and decision night. We had worship, then Jochen talked to the kids while all us leaders went downstairs and set up rooms for them to come to. We had a questions room, a prayer room, and a decision room for the kids who wanted to accept Christ into their hearts. I was in the prayer room.

First I got to pray with Elli, who I mentioned from the first day. I've been praying for her and her boyfriend, who was also at camp, all week for guidance and wisdom. Tonight was only the second time I've talked to her and she asked for prayer because she felt like God was calling her to use her free social year to serve him in a ministry, but she wasn't sure and her boyfriend didn't want her to go. She said she thought if she did it, they might have to break up, but that she wanted to serve God no matter what. She also said that my testimony really touched her specifically, so it was so neat for me to get to actually talk to this girl who'd been on my heart all week and find out why, and how much we have in common even though we come from such different places.

I also got to pray with a girl named Yanina. She told me that here dad is a minister and she had accepted Jesus into her heart, but never really felt close to Him the way that all of us had talked about in our testimonies. She was crying and I prayed with her, but I could tell she didn't have peace about it. So I wrote her a letter and was able to encourage her with some of the things I've learned that helped me when I was feeling numb to God in eighth and ninth grade.

And Priscilla came to me in tears about her brother and other family members who aren't saved. Her compassion really touched me and I was able to hold her in my arms and pray over her and her family, it was so sweet:)

We had a breakdown time with the leaders after putting the kids to bed, and one of the students' mom died. His name is Manuel and he really needs prayer. We were blessed to hear about how many of our leaders had been used by the Holy Spirit to encourage and influence our kids.

I am so thankful for God's faithfulness in my life. It's easy to doubt, but He proves His love and presence to me time and again and all there is left to do is glorify Him.


Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

No comments:

Post a Comment