Today was rainy and I spent some time online and reading.
In the afternoon, my roommates and I went for a room dinner at a restaurant down the street called La Taverna. Our room consists of four very unique personalities that come together very well and create some pretty animated conversations. It was the first nicer sit-down meal I've had here and we ordered two small pizzas and a pasta dish to share. One pizzas cost six euros each, which seems crazy, and they were surprisingly good!
Today we found out that one of the leaders here, Steve Volle, who has been suffering with severe back pain for years has been scheduled for surgery that will take him away until after Christmas break. He's had surgeries before and nothing has worked, his pain has gotten progressively worse. It's such a tough situation because he is an incredible speaker and leader and so young, with two kids, a six year old boy and a three year old girl. Please pray with us that his surgery will be successful and he will heal quickly.
Isaiah 55:8
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
Hi Em,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are adjusting to your new world. a.D and I left you a somewhat lame Tango message today. We were hiking and thought of you. Bets to always follow our promptings when and where they come lest we forget... I see your dad entered the 21st century with social media :) soon he may be Tweeting :)
We get on the road for 3 weeks starting this Tuesday. We will start the trip by seeing Aly play and then spend the night in Fair Oaks after dinner with your folks. Wednesday and Thursday will be in Cambria, on the coast and adjacent to the Paso Robles wine region. Time will be spent with my mom, the kids, baptism for Lincoln and several fun events for a. Donnas birthday!
Thanks for taking time to write your Blog. I am certain you will enjoy recounting your experiences as you look back. We see a few pics of you that Stephanie posts on FB. a.Donna commented that all of you girls are beautiful :) I tend to agree! Be safe, in His care, make the most of your time building amazing memories. Lots of love, u.Ron
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this! It's so difficult to find time when the internet is working well enough to really accomplish something on here, but I'm so glad to hear you guys are doing well:) Wish I could've been there with you for dinner and Aly's game, but I know I'll see you guys soon. Christmas, right?! :D
DeleteEnjoy time with family and celebrating Lincoln's baptism and Aunt Donna's birthday!!
As difficult as it is to keep up on, I do know I will appreciate this blog when all this is over, so I will continue for sure. Hopefully I can make it a little prettier soon, but I'm trying not to spend too much time online..
I love you guys!! I'll try and tango you again when I get the chance, ok? Good morning:)