Monday, October 15, 2012

10/14-10/15

I am a part of what's called the English Team within all of the outreach ministries. What this means, is that twice, for one week each, I will leave school and become a camp counselor for kids who want to learn English.

Within the English team, there is a drama team, a worship team, various workshop teams, and the actual English teaching team. Because I overextend myself by habit, I am a part of all of the above teams except the worship team! It's not really my fault though, I was sort of obligated (Uncle Ron and Aunt Donna, no lectures=P). So....what that means is that I now possess no free time whatsoever:D

Haha, not really. But we leave, I believe, on the 26th of this month for our first week, and by the time we leave, I will need to have completed my tedious reading of the first five books of the Bible, written my research paper on them, read CS Lewis' book "Mere Christianity" and written an essay on that as well, composed a lesson plan for every day of camp teaching intermediate English, organized two workshops for the kids, written my testimony out to share with the campers, and memorized eight drama skits.

Lots to do, but I'm actually not stressed at all and enjoying the full days and sense of urgency in my work. I'm excited to go to camp and get to know a smaller group of my fellow students a lot better, as well as share my faith with the kids here.

Also, apparently to German students, not only am I automatically one of the coolest people on the face of the planet because I'm from America, but that coolness rises exponentially based on the fact that I'm from California. So pretty much, I'm a step down from movie star status, and I'm going to enjoy that to its full potential.

Anyways, all that to say these two days have been spent reading and catching up on stuff to do.

Oh hey, so you know how I start out a lot of these posts with "Today I..." Well, every time I do that, I feel a tiny twinge of guilt. See, usually I'm writing it several days after the event actually took place. Which, technically, is deceiving you. So I am taking this time to inform you of the truth of the matter so I won't have to take that weird sort of awkward conscience-induced pause at the beginning of every post.

I put "Today" because despite the fact that I've spoken English for my entire life, I would have significant difficulty dealing with some sort of weird past tense-present tense hybrid every single time I sit down to write. Now that my secret's out in the open, it sorta takes away from the magic of it all, doesn't it?

Haha oh boy...my brain isn't functioning properly enough to be attempting humor.


Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

1 comment: