Saturday, October 6, 2012

10/6

Today we all loaded into buses and headed to the castle that Walt Disney based the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland off of. I took lots of pictures just for you guys, so here they are!!

On the way there. I love the green rolling hills:

Pretty Mountains:


View of the castle from Courtyard:



Other direction:



Surrounding Countryside:


The main castle was built by, I'm pretty sure, King Louis III. Unfortunately, he died before it was finished! But the castle you see below is just across the valley from the bigger castle and was built by Louis' dad as a house for him when he was younger. It has an almost desert feel, with warm weather plants and fountains and sandstone:





View of valley between two castles. Up close, the buildings remind me of Disneyland, it's so interesting to see in real life this atmosphere that I always considered to only exist in pretend when I was younger:


View from the other side of the smaller castle. The surrounding countryside was beautiful:


Part way through the day, Steph, Tana and I got away from the group a little bit and were able to walk down to the lake in the valley and quietly enjoy God's creation:





Little cafe overlooking the lake:


View of castle in the distance from inside the bus:


After visiting the castle, we went to a summer "roddlebaun" or sled course. A cable pulled us up the hill on individual "sleds", then released us at the top to roll down the track free of anything except our own break. I almost crashed into the people in front of me!


More views on the way home:






Psalm 26:8
LORD, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory dwells.


No comments:

Post a Comment