I am sorry to group so many days in one post, but because I've been doing so much, mostly these were used to catch up on homework and reading for school. I'll list some of the other highlights:
10/8
After lectures, a whole group of us went over to Annelie's to help her finish off the raspberry pudding we made for the staff dinner. It's so fun to see more and more people learn to love Annelie and want to be around her more. She just has a happy, welcoming, non-judgmental way about her and it makes me happy that others see that as well:)
10/9
Went to Cafe Schwartz across the street with Steph. Ordered a hot cocoa and sat down to read and write our first book report on AW Tozer's "The Pursuit of God". At first, I didn't like the book. I thought I'd heard it all before. But as I continued thinking about it and writing my report, it ended up having a profound effect on me. Haha isn't that about right? It's the advice we think we don't need that often ends up being the most important for us:)
10/10
Steph and I went to Kaufland (the Walmart store a couple miles from school) to stock up on some healthy snack substitutes and various other things. Saw like three ridiculously huge spiders in the little bus bench covering area. I took pictures, but I don't have my ipod connected right now, so I might add them later. Enjoyed our time together at the store, got some dried fruit and nuts, avoided the awful temptation represented by the three huge aisles full of outstanding-looking dessert items, bought more vitamin C, and headed home.
10/11
Wrote my Tozer essay and studied for a test on the minor prophets. A man named Blain has been lecturing this week on the topic. He's from Texas, is married to an Austrian, and teaches at an all French-speaking Bible school in the mountains of France. It's kind of funny, because he's lost his Texan accent for the most part, but when he gets excited, it still comes out a little bit:P
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
No comments:
Post a Comment