Today (yesterday), I went with a group of students to pass out fliers advertising a public worship night being hosted by Bode this coming Saturday.
I wasn't sure what to expect, and wasn't really looking forward to it, but actually ended up enjoying my time quite a bit!
Because of some of the advertising I did for Stations, I was a little more comfortable with it than the girl I was with (...whose name I forget. How awful is that? I know she's from Holland, she speaks three languages, has three brothers and raises sheep back in Canada, but I forget her name=/) so I ended up passing out both of our stacks of fliers and we got to talk a lot and it was fun!
While we were walking, we met a group of sorta scary-looking people but started talking to them anyways and ended up praying with them and having a nice conversation! Pray for Anastasia, ok? She's a single mom with five kids who says all she wants is "freedom". She only spoke broken English, but I did my best to tell her that God is the only one who can give her true freedom. It's sad how so many churches, especially here in Germany, make Christianity such a religion of works and burden.
After passing out all the fliers, we went to a bakery to grab something to eat and talk for awhile, then we took the bus home.
Matthew 11:28-29
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
No comments:
Post a Comment