Since today was American Thanksgiving, I tried to Skype the family as soon as I got finished. Mom's ipod was off, dad's laptop was broken, and I think Aly might've been sleeping. Of course Uncle Ron came through for me on Tango and we talked for a couple minutes before the internet cut out. It was good to talk to him though, and he said hello to everybody for me.
I haven't missed home very much since I've been here. I mean of course I love my home and family, and of course there are things that you miss. ...family dinners...driving Aly to school...my own room...the freedom to eat whatever and whenever I want, haha. But I haven't ever really wanted to be home instead of here. Today was the first time I've felt a little pang of homesickness thinking about missing my first Thanksgiving dinner away from the Trigueiro's house with all the favorite foods, made the usual way:)
I really think it's good for me though. It's painfully cliche to say, but I think I appreciate the familiarity of those things more knowing what it's like to not have them for awhile.
To finish off the day, I took a nice shower. There are four rooms with showers on each floor. One has just two showers, two have three showers and two toilets, and one is a single room, all-inclusive, luxurious, resort-style shower-toilet-sink-mirror-heater-window combination.
..Guess which one's my favorite?
So tonight I beat the crowd to my favorite shower room. Bible school student victories, right? But it made me really happy. I said hello to my two spider friends. They are always in the same spots on the ceiling.
I'm not sure how they're still alive. Sometimes, they mix it up on me and dangle precariously from the ceiling right above the shower.
Then I have to balance my time between taking lightning-speed quick-peeks to make sure the little guy's still there, watching agonizingly as the water vapor makes him slip down his meager webling closer and closer to me, jumping every time the water pressure changes and I think it was the spider landing on me, and actually showering.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Psalm 118:21
I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.
No comments:
Post a Comment