Wednesday, November 7, 2012

11/7


Today was our school's day of prayer. Instead of lectures, we had a short period of group prayer, then silence in the halls and an opportunity to pray with staff members. After lunch, we were encouraged to leave the school and find somewhere quiet to pray. Steph and I had decided ahead of time to go into the forest and find a nice secluded spot to pray together.

I feel so blessed that God has given me this friend with whom I can share struggles, the lessons God has been teaching us, and even be confident that we can pray together without distraction. I've realized lately how much our relationship has grown, even when neither of us thought there was any more to grow, and I am so thankful for her:)

Anyways, so yes, we went to the forest. It was an absolutely beautiful forest, with mixed pine trees and aspens and some other trees with wide, colorful fall leaves. Here's one of the pictures she took:










































 It was literally breathtakingly gorgeous.

We walked through the trees and found a nice place, set up our blanket and layers of warm stuff like the prepared people we are and laid there in silence just taking in the beauty of God's creation. We prayed and read the Bible and were probably there for a couple hours before everything started getting numb and we decided it was about time to go grab a quick doner and then head home.

Note: If you're ever in Fischbach and want a doner, don't get one from Kaufland. Live and learn!

When we got home, I worked a lot on our trip to Vienna. We're leaving tomorrow, I'm so excited!!!! It's so weird to think about it...here's this incredible, historical city that I've been hearing about my entire life and now all of a sudden I'm going to be there?!?! Craziness. 

Anyways, so yes I bought eight tickets to a ballet in Vienna's oldest opera house. Eight euros each and only two days ahead of time. They say "limited view", but hey, we'll be there. And I got eight seats together. Score=P I feel so very adult-like!

Because our travel weekend officially starts tonight, there is no lock-up. We're allowed to watch movies again, and a group went to grab beers since we're allowed to drink and stuff on travel weekend. 

It's such a different atmosphere realizing that all of a sudden we can do whatever we want. Not crazy or anything, most of the kids here are pretty self-controlled and there's only been one incident where someone drank a little too much and came home tipsy, but for a group of 106 kids right out of high school who can all of a sudden legally drink, I'd say it's a pretty good track record!

I had work to do preparing our plans for Vienna, and I really needed to get my clothes washed, so I ended up working and watching Friends on my computer (thanks to my awesome cousin Russell, thank you very much:) down by myself. It was sorta fun to stay up late on my computer like at home, but I realized how little I missed watching tv, and was struck sort of with how meaningless those shows are as I was watching. Obviously, it's still fun. Just unnecessary I guess...

Erik was in an oddly active mood tonight. I haven't had many real conversations with him since I've been here, but since he was all over the place, he ended up coming into the room where I was and we had a great little talk. Reminded me of old times:)

Psalm 73:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
16 When I tried to understand all this,
    it troubled me deeply
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God


No comments:

Post a Comment