Basically, some people think God chose everyone who would have salvation and they have no say in it at all...other people say that free will reigns supreme and it is completely man's choice whether he has salvation or not...and other people think it's different mixes of the two.
And churches split over this issue. People get into heated arguments. And of course there was a little bit of that here, but it's so different and refreshing for me to be in an environment where the attitude is much more one of learning than of establishing opinions to be defended.
So Rob got us all thinking about everything and discussing it. One of the things he mentioned as being something that some theologians are talking about is the possibility that God actually limits his power in order to give us and our prayers power on this earth so that He can be closer in relationship to us.
Now keep in mind I don't want to start any conversations on this topic. I am actually the opposite of interested in discussing this, and I don't say that in a hostile way, only because I think at some point you can get too focused on details and miss the more important picture of the Christian faith. But it's an interesting thought!
After coffee, I went for a short run and had a nice little prayer time. Good day:)
Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
My first comment was completely hosed. Here's a link relating to the Davis family name Emry. Maybe it's why the name Emry was carried so long on that side of the family.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.castlewales.com/dinas_em.html
Enjoy brunch this weekend.
Your Unc