Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/11

Today I woke up at an ungodly hour and got poor Autumn out of bed to go to mass at Stephensplatz. She had said she wanted to go despite the fact that she was up Skyping til 4am last night, but her morning self wasn’t quite as happy with the arrangement. We managed to get ourselves presentable-ish and we headed off to the train station, avoiding eye contact with the creepy doner guy, to catch the 6:30 mass.

The inside of the Cathedral was even more magnificent from the one we saw before the movie last night, it was incredible. I thought the priest was going to be teaching in Latin, but it ended up just being in German.


I don’t know why that was disappointing to me, we wouldn’t have understood it either way…haha my midnight logic I guess=P








After mass, we went and found a store where Autumn wanted to buy a hat, but nothing was open cause it was so busy. She did decide that the woman modeling one of the other hats looked just like me, so she took some pictures:



And I found the first cuckoo clocks I’ve seen since I’ve been here, which reminded me of you, Father:



 Then we took a nice roundabout walk during which I somehow managed to miss a turn and end up like a quarter-mile past our train station at the very first cathedral we saw in Vienna (it was the only time I got lost the whole time we were there thanks to my trusty map, which, ironically, tore during this last walk).



 But we caught the train back to the hostel just fine, had breakfast, packed up, and got to our train at the main station in Vienna a perfect half hour early. Peter met us there and we grabbed doners for lunch on the train since train food is so expensive.

During the ride, Autumn and I once again watched a movie, then she fell asleep and Kyle and I watched Friends and disrupted the poor, stoic German commuters with our laughter. We were all super tired so, needless to say, the train ride back was a lot quieter than the one going there.

After some odd, tired discussions on various topics, we arrived back in Frieds and took these fabulous, loving photographs:



Our roommates with poor Stephen:

Then we got McDonalds, which I refuse to ever do again here because it’s more expensive and even less edible, which is just sort of stupid. But it was the only thing open.

When I got back to Bode, I found Steph and we had a nice excited little best friends reunion and caught each other up on our weekends. It is nice to get home again, and be in my sort of own bed:)


Psalm 16:9
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,

No comments:

Post a Comment