I worked on my project all day today, then for dinner, the whole crew from English Camp went out to eat pizza at La Taverna. Seriously the best pizza I've ever eaten. I don't know what they do to it, but it's incredible. Steph and I split two different kinds.
I sat next to Caleb, the guy from Rocklin, and it was really good to talk with him a little bit and get to hear a small part of his story. He's a good guy and I'm excited to get to know him better.
Our speaker right now is a man who was born in a Muslim house. His family is very high up in terrorist groups, hosted members of Al Qaeda, including Osama bin Ladin. When he was about twenty, he became a Christian through various miraculous events in his life. When he told his family, they kicked him out. Luckily, some Christians found him and took him in. The next morning, he read his own obituary in the paper. His parents held a funeral for him and there is a gravestone with his name on it in their family plot.
He has some incredible stories, and some really good insight into Islam as a religion. I feel so blessed to be exposed to these types of people and hear their testimonies. It seems a lot of times that the bad covers up the good, God is doing powerful things for good in this world.
Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
No comments:
Post a Comment